IGNORED

It brought us together!

dhomuth

Back in 1981 in Minneapolis, I was at a friend's house when a truly fetching young woman entered the house, wearing a halter top and shorts. She asked if that was my black sports car out front, and when I said Yes, she said "Well, you should move it because it's in a bad place and might get hit." Being the sterling personality I am, I held up the keys and said "Here -- move it yourself if you think it's a problem." She recalls vividly thinking, at the time, that I was a bit of an A-H. But she figured it was a nice car and she might give me a second chance. We celebrated our 20th anniversary day before yesterday. But better yet... Several years back, I suggested that perhaps I ought to sell the old Black Pearl I'd owned since new. It was tired, the paint was fading and maybe it was time. She said No -- that's the car that brought us together. What will it cost to re-do? I compared that (about $15k) with the cost of a new one (about $35k) and she said It's a No-Brainer! So now it's re-done, has been entered in 6 car shows in the past year and has garnered 5 trophies and awards. And she's all in favor of the upcoming improvements too!

My first wife wasn't like that about the Corvette I bought when I got home from Viet Nam at all!

• 4 weeks later...