IGNORED

toyota calipers

GILDIA

Hi, can you guys tell me if these are the calipers I need in orden to make the change from a 2 to 4 piston?

I have to be sure before I order, because I will be having them ship to Mexico

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Runner-Front-Right-Rebuilt-Caliper-W-Hardware-79-86_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem19b5d4a11fQQitemZ110424793375QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Make: Toyota Truck

Model: 4 Runner Hilux Pickup

Year: 79 80 1 82 83 84 85 86

OEM Part #:

OEManufacturer:

Manufacturer Part #: 4156011

Manufacturer: Auto Specialty

Thanks for the help

Gil

Edited by GILDIA

No, those are not the ones you want. Those area single piston design. Depending on what kind of disks you are using (vented vs. soild. 240z vs 280zx), will determine which design youll need (S12W vs, S12 vs etc). Start with this, what year car are you working on? Stock disks? Modifications to the master vac?

Check out this page -

http://www.alloemautoparts.com/ShopByVehicle.epc?q=&yearid=1994@@1994&makeid=TO@@Toyota&modelid=PUP%2D7%2D003@@Pickup+V6+4WD+RegCab&catid=N@@Brake&subcatid=N1040@@Brake+Caliper&applicationid=000664479&mode=PA

Good luck.

The upgrade will be for a 240Z 72, I will use the same disc (solid) and I wont do modifications to the master vac, I been reading about the upgrade using the toyota calipers and it seem to be pretty simple, the hard part will be getting all the stuff together, the shipping is kind of expensive, sometimes I pay more for the shipping than for the part :cry:

Gil

OK, youll want to get the "S12" calipers without the "W" (wide). Those are for the vented discs. The weight of the parts makes the shipping expensive. Is there an auto parts store near you that might have what your looking for?

The hardest part is cutting the backing plate. The rest is bolt-on. Good luck with the project.

Edited by code3z