IGNORED

280z caught in a fender bender

JPMarks

I am looking for some advice. While driving our 76' 280z we got into a small accident. The front ran into the back of a small car. Here is what we found to be damaged.

-The front of the hood was bent down

-The hood arms were twisted

-Bent upper grille was bent

-The right hood arm pushed into the frame that sit behind it

-Smashed left turn signal

-Front bumper was pushed up

-Metal headlamp cover pushed back

-Driver side fender buckled about an inch

There may be some damage but we couldn't find it or did not know to look for it. This is where we were hoping you could come in and lend us a hand. Is there anything else we should check? Also, looking for your advice on whether to buy the parts individually or invest in a parts car. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-James

What about your Insurance Co. ? Do you have Hagerty by chance . Because if you do just have the car taken to the body of your choice and have the job done.

If not , most likely you will need to replace the fender and hood as well as the headlight assembly and grill. I believe hoods are still available at Nissan. I have a set of sugar scoops from a early 240 I will give you , if you pay for shipping. They are the fiberglass type. Not show quality but use able. Do check the Radiator support to see if it is bent. Most likely the Bumper can be straightened and re chromed.

I just read that the front fenders are NLA so look for a used one. Hoods are a bitc# to fix so look for a used one. What part of the world are you? this may make a huge difference. Nissan may still have 280 hoods.

Gary