Door hinge fix? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Door hinge fix?

Featured Replies

I'm trying to help a friend out with her Z, and I just can't seem to locate the thread I'm looking for. I seem to remember probably 5 or 6 years ago a thread on one of the forums about using a bushing found in the Help! parts that you find at any auto parts store to rebuild the door hinge pivots. Maybe I"m remembering incorrectly... does anyone else recall this or have any info that might help?

Starting to think that a Chrysler door hinge bushing fits the Z shifter and that's what I'm remembering... :stupid:

I did find this thread but it doesn't directly address my question. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24503&highlight=door+hinge+pin

I believe there is some truth to that. I cannot find it in my notes right now but I believe the Nissan Pickup bushings are correct size. The pin will need to have modifications made to it.

Here is a link that I found with a google search. Read down through it for some part numbers. In the thread it talks about GM door hinge kit. My memory says Nissan Pickup but it has been many years. Its basically the same thing though.

Hope it helps.

http://www.nwde.org/extras/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3605&PN=1

Robert

Ok I find my notes just after posting this thread. My notes match what "HainZ" list further down the thread I provided a link to. I used the NAPA kit that was for a Nissan PU.

Edited by Robert260z
To add additional notes about my notes

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.