IGNORED

Door hinge fix?

jmortensen

I'm trying to help a friend out with her Z, and I just can't seem to locate the thread I'm looking for. I seem to remember probably 5 or 6 years ago a thread on one of the forums about using a bushing found in the Help! parts that you find at any auto parts store to rebuild the door hinge pivots. Maybe I"m remembering incorrectly... does anyone else recall this or have any info that might help?

Starting to think that a Chrysler door hinge bushing fits the Z shifter and that's what I'm remembering... :stupid:

I did find this thread but it doesn't directly address my question. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24503&highlight=door+hinge+pin

I believe there is some truth to that. I cannot find it in my notes right now but I believe the Nissan Pickup bushings are correct size. The pin will need to have modifications made to it.

Here is a link that I found with a google search. Read down through it for some part numbers. In the thread it talks about GM door hinge kit. My memory says Nissan Pickup but it has been many years. Its basically the same thing though.

Hope it helps.

http://www.nwde.org/extras/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3605&PN=1

Robert

Ok I find my notes just after posting this thread. My notes match what "HainZ" list further down the thread I provided a link to. I used the NAPA kit that was for a Nissan PU.

Edited by Robert260z
To add additional notes about my notes