IGNORED

'72 S.U. Rebuild Kits

I have removed my intake/carb assembly and would like to rebuild the carbs. I had to remove one of the float bowls in order to access one of the manifold nuts and discovered that all of the carb gaskets are brittle and junk.

The carbs seem to run fine the last time I started the car, so I don't think I need to replace all of the internal parts; needles, nozzles, ect. (not to mention I am not familar enough with these parts to just order a kit to replace them if it is not necessary.) However I do feel like the gasket replacement is strightforward enough for me to try.

I have a question regarding the kits that are available. Z Therepy has a comprehensive kit available which inclueds the internal parts mentioned above. The only other kit I have been able to find is from MSA, which just contains the gaskets and hoses. There is a substatial difference in cost, and as stated above I don't want to buy parts I don't need.

Does anyone have experience with either of these kits or may be able to recomend another? As always, your input is appreciated.

post-19502-14150807488843_thumb.jpg

post-19502-14150807489464_thumb.jpg

post-19502-14150807490079_thumb.jpg

The Z therapy kits give you all that you could need , The kit from MSA is just an off the shelf kit for both carbs from an autoparts supplier. $30 or so GP Sorenson or similar when ordered at the National chains...

Will

Yeah, go with Ztherapy.

They are frequent contributors here so if you run into any problems, you'll get a quick answer. Also, they offer a how-to DVD that is very well regarded.

In the spirit of while you're at it, might want to do a full rebuild...