IGNORED

Happy Finals week, here's a broken window!

I got home from taking 3 final exams today and shortly thereafter there was a knock on the door. My neighbor Ben said "your car's been broken into. mine too"

So here's what I found.

post-15469-141508074066_thumb.jpg

But looking on the bright side, nothing was taken. Not my stereo, not my change, not even my bag of chips. And at least it's a nice day and the wind isn't blowing rain in there.

I already have a lead on a window that I can hopefully pick up tomorrow.

This has never happened to me before. Well, when I was 8 my dads 928 was broken into and my Sega Game Gear was stolen, but it wasn't my car. (Although I wish it was, in addition to the Z).

post-15469-14150807405914_thumb.jpg

post-15469-14150807407016_thumb.jpg

post-15469-14150807407414_thumb.jpg

post-15469-14150807407993_thumb.jpg

post-15469-14150807408388_thumb.jpg

So, it was just random vandalism? No theft? Someone came through the area where I live a month or so ago and randomly broke windows on about 8 or 9 cars, no theft, just vandalism. Only on the street, however, not in the driveways so our cars were spared. I've got a window I'd send you but it sounds like you have it covered and a 280z window probably wouldn't work anyway.

Last summer, there was a trail of broken windows you could follow across the neighborhood.

It sounds like the school kids are out and they need something productive to do. It's really too bad that many communities don't have a summer sports program that kids want to be in. They prefer to run in gangs and end up doing stuff like that.

Yeah, you can tell the damn kids are out of school for the summer with nothing better to do. Little bastards :mad:

We had that crap going around in my neighborhood too last year. One neighbor even had his gas stolen out of his tank.

Don't you wish you could catch them? Probably a good thing I didn't see the ones in my neighborhood doing that crap or I'd likely be in jail for beating the crap out of them like a red headed step child LOL

Edited by DatsunZsRule

Thanks guys. Yeah it was apparently just vandalism.

Either that or they thought we had something in our cars. He had a cargo cover over his trunk/hatch area and my winshield blocker was up. They broke the windows and unlocked our doors, but didn't take anything or go at the ignition/wires.

Edited by JonnyRock