IGNORED

Gland Nut for Mulholland Rear Strut Cartridges?

Just purchased a NOS set of Mulholland rear strut cartridges. Went with these because I was hoping to maintain stock ride height without cutting the coil springs. However, the gland nut used with the stock struts will not work with the Mulhollands as the gland nut is too thick. I am now of the opinion that the gland nut is specific to the cartridge and the NOS Mulhollands did not come with gland nuts. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone out there know where I might find the gland nut I need? The new cartridges are P/N 2351502. Thanks in advance.

Tony,

I am not sure where they are at, but I know that I have two gland nuts for Mullholland that I removed from one of my parts cars. I will look and see if I can find them. I was suprised to find Mullholland inserts.

What size (diameter) is the shaft of the Mullholland insert. That will help me as I have OEM, Bilstein, and other gland nuts that I have removed form parts cars. I also think you will find that the shaft diameter is the same as the Tokico (or nearly the same).

Paul

I knew I should have saved those nuts when I tossed my old Mulhollands..........There's a possiblity that I actualy did but I have no idea where they'd be at this point. I'll go digging if you're unsuccessful, however I'll be out of town until the first or second week of June so consider me a last resort.

No worries. I certainly appreciate the effort. I have two more sets of front and rear suspension. I'll probably disassemble those in the hopes that I'll find the right gland nuts. If not, I'll just take a different route on the struts. Thanks again for looking.

Tony

I know someone who might have a spare pair, I sold him 1 1/2 sets of Mullhollands a while back. Can't recall if there were any extra gland nuts in the lot or not. I'll shoot him an email.

I know I have a set of Mullhollands in my garage. I walk past them on the shelf every time I go in. I'm pretty sure I have the gland nuts on them. If they are there you'll just have to pay for shipping from Moncton, NB, Canada. I can always machine some if I ever wish to use the inserts.

I'll check in a few hours and let you know.

Edited by Jeffrey

I found three in the garage. Just to be sure these are Mullholland strut inserts that came out of a 240z. The inserts are orange and are probably 80's vintage.

Here is a picture.

So you only need two? Send me your mailing address I'll get them off to you tomorrow.

Jeffrey

post-14182-14150807277928_thumb.jpg