IGNORED

Disappointing BAX/Schenker

Doehring

MSA sent 4 new rims from Orange/CA to me here in Germany by BAX Global/Schenker in 2 parcels on April 2nd. Together with the driver who brought the parcels on April 16th I looked into the one that included some smaller parts and we looked at the second one, that was strongly taped around the top. It seemed to be okay to us. I ordered 4 new tyres and brought the parcel to my tyre shop.

On April 29th the shop got the tyres and opened the boxes. In box 2 the upper rim was damaged. The parcel must have fallen on one of the top corners and was damaged there at the inside, not to see from the outside because of the tape. Immediately I informed Schenker Germany as well as MSA. Schenker Germany doesn't feel responsible as there was no contract between me and BAX. So it was up to MSA to get in contact with BAX. Aaron from MSA did that but BAX didn't feel responsable any more as the time for reclamations would be

passed already. BAX did not even ask for the date of delivery what is in my understanding impertinent as Schenker Germany asured me that they did not yet report the delivery date to Bax. Also there is no rule for a private person to open a parcel and to look at the content immediately.

MSA felt sorry for the problem, was very, very fair and we made a good agreement for a new rim - but BAX did not even agree to a fair arrangement for the shippment which was $ 306 for the 4 rims at the first delivery, not to mention the customs and taxes that I have to pay now additionally. BAX keeps pigheaded!

My recommendation: ??? . Does anyone have made a similar experiance?

Rolf

All carrier's tariff regulations require the receiver to inspect the package upon delivery and immediately report any damage or refuse delivery. Waiting 13 days to report any damage was a mistake and gives the carrier a way out.

Always make the driver wait while you open the box and inspect the contents.

FYI... I've used BAX/Schenker exclusively for 6 years to ship composite parts around the world and have never had a claim. There have been a couple close calls with shipments inside the US but my packaging saved the day. The shipping side of BAX/Schenker has been very good in my experience. Their back office (bill payment, claims, etc.) sucks.

Edited by John Coffey

• 2 weeks later...
All carrier's tariff regulations require the receiver to inspect the package upon delivery and immediately report any damage or refuse delivery. Waiting 13 days to report any damage was a mistake and gives the carrier a way out.

Always make the driver wait while you open the box and inspect the contents.

FYI... I've used BAX/Schenker exclusively for 6 years to ship composite parts around the world and have never had a claim. There have been a couple close calls with shipments inside the US but my packaging saved the day. The shipping side of BAX/Schenker has been very good in my experience. Their back office (bill payment, claims, etc.) sucks.

Where else can I find good BAX? A good one that won't disappoint me.

Edited by hls30.com