IGNORED

Worst Paint Ever

Chart505

So like an idiot I let a "friend of a friend" paint my Z, I knew this was a mistake. I dont know where this guy painted the car, perhaps in a dusty corn field? I have never, and I mean never, seen as much junk in the clear, orange peel in the base and huge, nasty 2 foot x 1 foot long runs. In some spots it looks like maple syrup poured on the fender. On parts of the car, there is not enough base to 100% cover the primer. From about the beltline down, there is so much orange peel I thought Anita Bryant painted it. And the overspray on my nice, original uncracked dash...and everything else. Seriously, I cant beleive this guy paints cars for money at all. Somebody is going to kill this guy one day. I really am beyond words that anyone with an IQ over 30 would deliver a paint job in that condition. So I cant be a total arse, freind of a friend and all. Lesson learned. At least it was fairly cheap because I did all the body work and prep.

Good news is that once I started sanding, many little low spots I missed were apparent, so I can get those now. I already had all the glass, trim, etc off the car. I have sanded it all down with 220 and then moving on to 320 and then 400, then will have the car repainted by a competent person. Its not a show car by any means, but a nice clean original 280 that deserves a decent paint job.

I wish I took more pics, I mean it looks like a retarded monkey with one leg painted it. Apologies to retarded monkeys. :stupid:

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. So much work goes into the car before paint that I couldn't imagine it looking like that. Great to see your positive attitude in a trying situation(trying not to kill someone!):angry: Best of luck!

Hey Chart. Sorry about your misfortune. I see you're in GA and was hoping that if you find a good paintshop you might let me know where and the $$$ range. I'm still in the very early stages of researching but hope to have a 280 by the summer and I'm trying to gather as much info and resources as possible! Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Friend of a friend or not, I'd ask for your money back at the very least, and if the dash is ruined, or there a chance it could be ruined trying to remove the overspray, I'd ask for replacement cost as well. I'm not one to easily bring out the word litigation, but if this were me, and I didn't get my $$$$$$ back at a minimum, I'd been pretty damn pissed off and calling a lawyer.

The "friend of a friend" part is what kills you. Ever sell a car to a friend? Guaranteed to fall apart as soon as the check clears, I dont care if it was the best car you ever owned. Anyways, I can afford it, so just writing it off to being an idiot and not going w my gut. Im too old to make these kind of mistakes:finger:

Anyways, guy is coming over tonight to take it away and fix it, will cost about $2K which is not bad.

Just got it back, what a relief, awesome job. About $2,000 for the base/clear. I had all the trim, windows, bumpers etc off the car, but they did all the sanding, blocked out the doors, etc. They have a very new, hi tech shop, full modern heated booth, etc. Anyways, finish is like a mirror, looks better than the paint on my new BMW. If you need paint in Atlanta, call Brian Wozniack at Wazi Autobody in Cumming near the lake (770) 888-7455. They even picked up the car on a flatbed at my house for me. I would recommend them highly. Here's some pics:

post-18415-14150806923068_thumb.jpg

post-18415-1415080692375_thumb.jpg

post-18415-14150806924339_thumb.jpg

post-18415-14150806924921_thumb.jpg