IGNORED

Springtime drive!

Yup!:)

Big ole' Grin on my face today!!:)

My next two weekends are booked with travel for my other hobby and then I have a few projects lined up for the Z

Gonna drop the tank, boil it, POR it and replace all associated fuel lines and filters!

Then I'm gonna replace all the bushings. While I'm done there, I am gonna have all the control arms and stuff bead-blasted and powder-coated!

After all that I am finally gonna take my L28 turbo motor that is sitting on a pallet to the engine shop for tear-down, hot tank, paint and re-build!

Still gotta find a 5 speed to mate to the turbo motor!!

My interior is largely finished, so after going through the bushings and tank and getting the turbo swap ready, I am finally getting closer to the bodywork and paint!!!!!

Astrohog

"I am finally getting closer to the bodywork and paint!!!!!"

Looks real clean in the photos. Sounds like a fun summer season ahead for you ;) The first thing on my "to do" list so far is my front brakes and while it's apart, I'm going to repack the wheel bearings as well. Then later I want to install my new Nissan water pump and fan clutch that I have brand new sitting in the box. I got them because the orig. 32 yr. old water pump is starting to make a little noise but is still currently working ok but I don't want to wait too long on that and the fan clutch is the original too so I figure might as well do that as well for piece of mind. The fun never ends LOL

Thanks for the compliments!... Mine does LOOK okay...from 10 feet or more!

It is fine to drive around for now, but I try to keep her dry as there is some beginnings of rust, and that is why I am looking forward to the bodywork and paint! Don't want to see her disenegrate to nothing!!!!

I got them because the orig. 32 yr. old water pump is starting to make a little noise but is still currently working ok but I don't want to wait too long on that and the fan clutch is the original too so I figure might as well do that as well for piece of mind. The fun never ends

HAHA, I did my brakes and the water pump last August!!! I did mine out of complete necessity though, not a planned preventative maintenance thing!

Regards,

Jeff

HAHA, I did my brakes and the water pump last August!!! I did mine out of complete necessity though, not a planned preventative maintenance thing!

Regards,

Jeff

Well Now it's my turn this year I guess LOL I'm a little nervous on the Water pump. I'm hoping like hell none of the bolts go snap during removal :paranoid: I plan to soak them good first and crank on them very slowly and carefully.

Edited by DatsunZsRule

• 2 weeks later...
NICE Arne!

If only we could have 12 months of spring/summer weather year round here in the Northwest!!!

SHHH....don't tell anyone!

Astro

SHHH....don't tell anyone!

everyone will know it cause you post it here! LOL

Edited by hls30.com