replacement console lid - Page 2 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

replacement console lid

Featured Replies

  • Author

I made a cover from MDF and attached some squishy-foam to it, and some felt to cover. At least I have something temporary to rest my elbow on.

Thanks, I figured it out. It's wearing out, I'll probably eventually get a new console but for now it works great.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I have my lid back on as of today.

I cut off the broken bosses down to the solid part of the base or completely down to the plastic lid, then used 1/2 inch dowel to create new screw bosses, which were attached to the lid using GOOP. The dowels were drilled & tapped.

Bryan Owens (LBO730) of Brookland Trim in Bristol, VA specializes in covering things Z, and did a very nice job covering the lid with a nice vinyl that looks and feels like real leather. :love:

thxZ

The first picture of of one of the new bosses, which has a notched bottom. The second picture is the lid with more bosses in place.

post-2169-14150807475624_thumb.jpg

post-2169-14150807476191_thumb.jpg

Edited by TomoHawk

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.