IGNORED

240SX brake's on a 77 280Z?

supraman

I searched the forum looking for some answer's on a 240sx rear brake conversion and find bit's of info here and there , but mostly 280zx stuff and conversion's on 240Z's.

I have found a huge selection of 240sx cars at the junkyard and want to snag some brake's off of it.

What year 240sx am I looking for to do my 77' rear conversion?

I need a 280zx master right?

And just the maxima brackets?

Do i then use the 240sx rotor's or the 280zx one's.

I read that the drilled and slotted rotor's are a bad idea because of cracking but are they ok for off track use?

I'm not really adding a bunch of hp to my Z.

I need a 280zx master right? A 1979 280zx master to be exact. The later models switched the mounting 90 degrees.

And just the maxima brackets? No. Only the brackets from Modern Motorsports or Silvermine Motors will work.

Do i then use the 240sx rotor's or the 280zx one's. Neither. The the rear rotors from a 1984 300zx turbo.

See my comments above.

Close KTM, but you use the '84 300ZX non-Turbo rotors. The turbo rotors are five lug. :cool:

Whoops, I meant non-turbo. I did this swap myself. Typed too fast without checking. Thanks for the correction.

280-master,

Thank's for the link's.

That help's, just trying to make sure I get the right stuff the first time! ;)

I plan on doing a ''how to'' for the fact's section for this while I'm doing it so other's don't have to peice info together on here.