IGNORED

What do you guys think about these pics??

dub81

Question: Is there a car in the Islands that is more than 50 miles from saltwater?

No, even the center of the island of Hawaii is no more than 30 miles from the coast. For Oahu it's more like 10 miles from the center. However, the bulk of the population is close to the coast.

Edited by MikeW
typo

I think the southern shore of Oahu would be less of a problem than the north, but in any event, I think you would have to dip your whole car in POR 15 to avoid rust at some point. Certainly after 15+ years or more. In the many times I've been there, I've not seen many older cars, and the ones I did see were rotting in someone's side yard.

• 2 weeks later...

It's got potential, if you're looking for a long term hobby or a fat piggy bank........

Your Info says "United states" Be more specific and we can help you find the right car. I may be Biast but I'd say go with an S30 instead. We're more prone to help, or rather be able to help you here.

JM2CW

Dave

yep, She be old n busted, er rusted... The brick in front of the wheel leads me to believe at least the parking brake is also shot. Run n hide dude, listen to your wife, she knows a pile of crap when she sees it.. but don't feel bad, she married you.

Really tho, just keep looking, we've all done it, some of us more than others. It look me 3 mo's to find my S30 candidate, but that was looking at 2-4 cars each weekend. Mine has very little rust, but dead engine (not dead but needs new efi plugs) $300 bucks, but I'm going to swap in a VQ35HR so I don't care about the engine. anyway my point is to keep looking till you find something that's a good base for what kind of Z project you want. like this one might be good if you're planning on taking sheet metal classes and body rust remediation classes, then sure, it's a great project, but a MASSIVE amt of work... if you're looking for something to drive around, then keep looking...

Only other question, is, is that blue one a turbo? if so, the engine/tranny is worth at least $500 bucks.. easy swap into an S30 too...

Phar

im still curious what the original poster decided .im pretty sure some of you would agree just because he hasn't posted here doesn't mean he didn't get it. this guy is in hawaii. telling him you can find z's for 300-500 bux in better condition on the continent america is not helping his current situation. it probably cost 300-500 bux just to put it into a shipping container and to bring it to port. not including the cost of getting it to a port in the continent america that goes to hawaii. i still wonder whats is considered a good deal in hawaii for this car and what he based it on. he never replayed after he posted the pictures.