IGNORED

vlsd r200 question

nissun

hahah no doubt that billet is sexy. but i was thinkin the same as i was lookin through that site. I think i am gonna go with the kit it seems legit. I ll post pics when its finished. thanks for the help

its a has six bolt flange to where the cv shaft bolts up to the diff.

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/mm_gallery.php?album=2008+March+Proto+Q45+R200+Mounting+Proven+Brian+G%2F&pic=DSCN1973.JPG

is this a custom axle? what is it from?

Research young patowan......

Quote from MM:

"You'll have to source your own R230 differential along with a total of 4 CV halfshafts, you end up mating the 4 inner flange style 6 bolt CV joints to our custom billet axles including our custom end stops. "

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=65

this looks to be a pretty expensive swap. probably cheaper just to get an r200 diff from a zx if you just want something more beefy. even getting a aftermarket lsd for a r200 dif seems cheaper than this r230 short nose swap.

- to add just to add it up mount kit and custom hubs 495+495= 990 just to mount it. + what ever you paid for the vlsd r200 short nose.

Edited by overdrivex

this looks to be a pretty expensive swap. probably cheaper just to get an r200 diff from a zx if you just want something more beefy. even getting a aftermarket lsd for a r200 dif seems cheaper than this r230 short nose swap.

- to add just to add it up mount kit and custom hubs 495+495= 990 just to mount it. + what ever you paid for the vlsd r200 short nose.

All absolutely true, and unless you are planning on making in excess of ~600hp or so, there really is no reason to go this route. That said, if this is what you want to do, this is what it will take. I plan on sticking with the L6 series engine so I went with the longnose 3.9 R200 and stock half-shafts for now, with a CV swap at some point in the future. The CVs are more of a want than a need for me.