Correct early Series 1 Distributor - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Correct early Series 1 Distributor

Featured Replies

Single or double points? Part number? HLS30-01366 01/70

Thanks,

John

Single point. Dual point were automatics only, starting in 8/70. Don't have part numbers handy right now.

  • Author

Is there a difference between the early single and later single? The reason I ask is that the PO had modified the existing dizzy so he could install electronic ignition and I found someone who has some early setups I can buy but want to get the right one.

Thanks,

John

Looking at illustration 20 of the NA parts book for US and Canada (revised Dec. 1973 edition), 22100-E4601 is a single point Hitachi D612-52. However on illustration 20 B, the Hitachi D612-52 is shown as 22100-E4603 for cars up to 6/72. On illustration 20, the E4601 runs concurrently with E4603 which is shown as replacing it on 20 B. Also on illustration 20 is mention of 22100-E4601 replacing Mitsubishi distributer 22100-A5500. I can't find A5500 in the Japanese Fairlady Z parts book, nor can I find the E4601, however both the Mitsubishi type TVC-6GL and the Hitachi 606-52 are referenced.

How's that? Enough to confuse you? That's only the pre 1972 listings for manual transmission L20 and L24 engines. Suffice to say without looking at my stuff to see what I have that there were two types of distributors - Mitsubishi and Hitachi and that there are two references for the Hitachi. I'm going to look for clues in my garage.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Does anybody have a picture or two of an early series 1 distributor? I am talking to a few people that aren't "sure" of what they have.

Thanks

John

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.