IGNORED

Headgasket replacment?

carguyinok

OK, so today started out good. I got my car started today. When I first got her started I had alot of white smoke from the tailpipe. I didnt think much about it at first. I thought well the motor had been sitting for over 5 years.

I pulled the car outside and let it sit running for about 15 minn or so. It looked like the smoke was letting up alittle. So I did a few laps around the parking lot. Then it acted like it was running outa gas. So after messing around with it for awhile I pulled the fuel pump. I was very shocked too see that the fuel pump rod had milk on it. I pulled the dip stick and the oil looked like new. So I cleaned the fuel pump off and put it back on. Now I still couldnt get it to fire off and run above idle. So I took a break and came back a few hours later. I still couldnt get it to catch and run above idle. I checked the oil again and it was still fine. Then I had some friends drop by and we messed with it more. We ended up getting it to take off with alittle help from some starting fluid. But then the smoke came back in a big way. I pulled the dipstick again only this time the oil was as white as milk. :cry: No knocking or pinging just a ton of smoke.

I know its the headgasket :stupid: But can the headgasket be replaced at this point without pulling the lower end and oil pump apart for bearings and cleaning? I didnt know if anyone had done some kind of flush with back -back oil changes with any luck? Or is it just a waste of money?

I dont understand how the headgasket went bad. The motor was a fresh L28 stroker with alot head work that was run for only a few hours in my 73 240Z before I pulled it in 2002. From there it has been sitting in my shop on a stand with all the holes sealed up tight. It was just fine and only had about 100 driven miles on it when I pulled it. :mad:

I have never seen anything like this!!!!!! Needless ta say I am just sick about this :sick:

TTT, Ok now I am getting ready ta head over to the shop and pull the head off her. I have placed the order for the headgasket and it will be here tomorrow AM. I would be very thankful for any advice I could get on flushing this motor out.

where do you live cold weather.im thinking froze and cracket the block. if it just hapend with no runing.but if it is just the head gasket. just drain the oil and drop the fule pump and git the watter out of there then run it with new oil and a filter for 1 hour and change again that should do it.