IGNORED

L28 with LD28 crank help

i know this is a well talked about subject but all therds ive found are dead or really old

i am pursuing a L30/L31*L28 stroker* build and so far the only part i dont have is the LD28 crank now i know you can get them brand new from nissan at $1700 a pop and i think thats a bit much apart from the ebay and wrecker search option *witch ive been doing and managed to not get an ebay crank due to being unlucky..* is there better places to look i maybe heading to japan at the end of the year but can speak or write japanese so that makes it hard + there is shipping inc'd on that cost ive been looking up fork lifts but cant find a fork lift with an LD28 yet :<

if anyone can help me with my search that would be awsum :>

info on the rest of my plan is pretty basic and it seems what im doing is very common :<

N42 head

twin 2" SU's

just going to talk to some head work shops get a mild grind on the cam new springs valves and 3 angle grinds with a posible larger valve set and a port+polish

may over bore it a bit but not much... im also thinking of going for 10.5:1 compression will this work well??

may take a small bit off the fly wheel but i spose not to much as i wanna use as much torque as posible :>

will be getting extractors and want to know is the a massive diffrence for a cruiser between the diffrent bend styles or should i just buy a cheap 2nd hand set *they will most likely end up being heat wraped*

all most everything in the engine bay will be new but look clean and close to stock

ill be useing a 5spd and auto diff :>

You can find them in NZ for around $150, well at least you could about 4 years ago when I was looking. Decided it wasn't worth the effort to build an L30/31

would u say trade me is best 4 nz??

that sux everything i want always ends up in nz after i move back to aus....

still got ppl overthere if i have to buy the whole car so i rule LOL jks

The LD28 was also used in the Patrol, try to look for some of those.

Chris

81-84 maxima/patrol/ there is a few otheres i cant remember off the top of my head :< but yer those are only imports hear so im thinking nz might have more since importing is all they do :>

Yeah I saw a complete LD28 on trade me for $150 when I was looking. Just keep checking every week, unless you know someone over there who can go to a wrecker and find one (maybe you could find a wrecker that has an email). Heaps of LD28's over there, They put them in all sorts of stuff, a search of trademe will find boats, camper vans, fords, all with LD29 conversions.

I decided to get a bunch of L turbo parts instead.

Yeah I saw a complete LD28 on trade me for $150 when I was looking. Just keep checking every week, unless you know someone over there who can go to a wrecker and find one (maybe you could find a wrecker that has an email). Heaps of LD28's over there, They put them in all sorts of stuff, a search of trademe will find boats, camper vans, fords, all with LD29 conversions.

I decided to get a bunch of L turbo parts instead.

LOL thanks i only recently saw this after i posted and i doubt dad knows anything bout cars so next time i go back ill go scroungeing :>