IGNORED

Is a used 280zxt worth $450?

drbaldridge

Hey guys I have a 240z that I have lightly modded and won't do a swap with. However I do have a rolling chassis 240z as well. I came across a 280zxt with 220,000 miles on it that ran a month ago, turns over currently, but does not start. It rows through the gears fine and the drive train looks straight. I want the drive train parts of course to put into my rolling chassis. The exterior and interior are aged of course, all those miles. I have no idea what this 280zxt should be worth. Any ideas?

If you saw it run and nothing has been removed, the complete drivetrain/ECM/HARNESS is worth $450. IF YOU DIDN'T SEE IT RUN, I WOULD QUESTION WHY IT WOULD GO DOWN IN ONLY A MONTH-and want to see it running-even if it us started and run on a simple propane cylinder with the hose going into the air filter box(it can be done simply) !

Will

If you saw it run and nothing has been removed, the complete drivetrain/ECM/HARNESS is worth $450. IF YOU DIDN'T SEE IT RUN, I WOULD QUESTION WHY IT WOULD GO DOWN IN ONLY A MONTH-and want to see it running-even if it us started and run on a simple propane cylinder with the hose going into the air filter box(it can be done simply) !

Will

That sounds like a dangerous experiment frought with danger for someone who doesn't know exactly what they're doing. :paranoid:

Hadn't though of that...

When I get back from Amelia, I'll write a technical article on how to do it safely-in the mean time, a squirt from a can of starter fluid could be used as wellfollowing all of the directions on the can to the letter.

Will