IGNORED

My new 240k Hardtop

Laggy6

• 1 month later...

The tub of Zink bits are pieces are back from plating, I had the bumpers re-chromed too. Now all I need is a painted shell to put them on.

sj4a.jpg

Some of these pieces were either slightly pitted or had small dents and scrapes on them so I sandblasted them and filled the blemishes with high build primer then sanded them true.

tkeu.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Started bolting/screwing pieces together.

jh9v.jpg

And found this new windscreen. I went to a windscreen supply warehouse asking about them and they had one in stock, When they pulled it down from the rack it was FILTHY dirty and the plastic wrapping around it was falling apart.

Check the manufacture date, I guess they don't sell many of them!

fzlj.jpg

• 1 month later...

There hasn't been a lot to update lately but I picked up a F54 block (flat top) and a N42 head the other day which are now at the engine shop for a rebuild/tweak. Hopefully by the time it's built I will have the shell back and partly assembled ready to drop in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Cam, I can't find the receipt but I think the whole lot was around $400-500 to do (not including the bumpers).

The smaller items like nuts, bolts and washers are charged by either weight or by barrel full, I can't remember exactly which but it's quite cheap. The larger pieces like headlight buckets, pulleys and horn bits that won't fit in the barrel are more expensive because they are manually wired into position and they charge you by the area they take up while hanging in the tank.

While I'm posting, here's a pic of the engine bay.

qrca.jpg