IGNORED

New to Oz

murphy

Hi I just moved to melbourne from scotland and i have just discovered this car - my heart is set on one!

Whats the deal with them - nice to drive?

I'm hoping they are a lot cheaper than the z cars.

Are they rare - where is best palce to find one for sale in victoria?

Any advice for a newcomer would be great!

cheers

Peter

>Hi I just moved to melbourne from scotland and i have just discovered this car - my heart is set on one!

Welcome to Aus.

>Whats the deal with them - nice to drive?

Nice as any 30 year old car

>I'm hoping they are a lot cheaper than the z cars.

not by much, unless you want a 4 door, or a restoration project

>Are they rare

Coupes, very rare. Not many of them left. Easier to find a 240Z

>where is best palce to find one for sale in victoria?

Keep an eye on places like ebay, carsales.com etc

thanks for info! I've seen a couple of old beat ones driving about in melbourne so i think i'll be looking at a restoration.

do these cars have any well known flaws?

was hoping there might be a good australian classic car mag that would cover these 70's muscle cars

thanks again

cheers for replies!

apart from the way the cars looked - is there anything else that made the car stand out when it was launched - or even now?

I know this goes against the grain - but does anyone know of someone stripping an old 240K and fitting it with modern running gear/brakes/ the lot?

considering a 4 door more and more . . .

thanks again

cheers laggy

i've seen even more c110 4 door bangers running about in melbourne - surely i could pick up a running example for around a 1,000 dollars - no?

I would think so, for a 4 door anyway, a 2 door will cost more, if you can find one, so if any one got one for sale in Tassie, let me know :-) ..

this is what I've been doing to mine,

http://classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24224

Nigel

• 4 weeks later...

I know this goes against the grain - but does anyone know of someone stripping an old 240K and fitting it with modern running gear/brakes/ the lot?

Hi Murphy, welcome to australia and The early skyline scene :)

There are a few of us now doing engine transplant's into the C110.. The car is similar to the Z's, so anything that goes into a Z will likely go into the K.

RB's are pretty simple, i am putting in an RB26DETT into my coupe, there are a few other RB25DET's and RB20DET's kicking around.. and 240Kconvertible is doing an old school V8.. luckily here RB's are relitively plentiful

i have a (badly designed / layed out) site at www.project240k.com (some info on there, otherwise jump straight to the photo's at www.project240k.com/gallery

i am yet to feel how my car handles on the road, i am hoping well (assuming traction!)

That video is actually of my former car. I installed the RB26 in a relatively short time. As you can see it fits very well. The car still handled pretty well. The stock rear springs are not up to the job though as on full throttle runs the car would squat very hard. That car was sold last year. As it turns out, it was a decision I now regret. The combo of Kenmeri and RB is hard to beat. You will really enjoy the car if you go this route. And the look on peoples faces when you blow by them is pretty entertaining. They don't know what to make of the turbo howl coming from a nearly 40 year old car.

Brian