help with pads for MK63 calipers - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

help with pads for MK63 calipers

Featured Replies

Firstly hello to all,

I bought my 240z ~2yrs ago and it was fitted with Sumitomo Mk63 front calipers on solid discs when i bought it. I'm now having problems finding pads for them. I've heard 'Endless' make pads for these calipers, does somebody have a part number? Or know a website where I could order pads?

Cheers

Edited by tumbleweed

Nissan P/N 41060-R1120 which consists of 4 new M2800 "medium hard" FIA pads for the FIA calipers that use the solid OE rotor.

You might e-mail Courtesy Nissan - at one point they had them.

See: http://courtesyparts.com/

FWIW,

Carl B.

  • Author

Thanks Carl

Unfortunately those pads are not available here in Australia from Nissan :ermm:

I've emailed Courtesy Nissan and am awaiting a response but was hoping somebody would be able to suggest another brand they've used.

It's fairly easy to get pads for the vented rotor version of the MK63 in Japan ( Rubber Soul, Victory 50, Kameari, PitRoad, RS Start and others all stock them), but the solid disc non-vented type - a different pad shape - are more difficult.

You might try asking for 41060-RS610 with an Australian NISMO dealer ( that's a NISMO part number for the M59S friction material version of the non-vented MK63 ) but it's likely they will have to import them specially.

I use ENDLESS pads on my MK63s ( three cars ) and they are really good, but I don't believe they have a 'stock' pad for the non-vented version and they would likely need to be made to special order.

Using the pad dimensions in the diagrams below, you might like to try asking an Australian brake specialist if they have anything close. I seem to remember that there is a UK Ford caliper ( 3 litre Capri and Granada? ) that used similar pads that can be modified to suit.....

post-2116-1415080627057_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150806271366_thumb.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.