IGNORED

Newbie in NM

jewelz

Hello everyone!

I just got a '72 240 with an '83 zx motor swap a few weeks ago. I've been using the search on this site a ton so far and figured I'd finally say hello. Everyone seems massively awesome!

I'm new to classic Z's, but I had an '03 350z for a while. She was actually what got my blood boiling for old school. I currently have a Nissan Versa, and the 240. I'm not amazing at working on cars yet, and have been having issues with the 240 already, but have found this site way helpful. :classic:

Here are some pictures of the Z....I'll have more recent ones up as soon as I get the car moving again. Thanks for looking!

sierra.jpg

sierra2.jpg

sierra1.jpg

I'm also curious if anyone knows if the service manual for the z's will help at all with my zx setup or if I should just work at finding the zx manual? The z manual is much more available from what I'm finding out.

Welcome, Jillian!

If your car has the ZX fuel injection installed, you will want some sort of injection manual or resource. But not much else in the ZX manual will apply to your car. So you'd still need a 240Z manual as well.

But if you just have the ZX engine (or engine and transmission) with carbs on it, all you need is the 240Z manual - the ZX book won't be much use to you in that case.

And if you don't already have a 72 service manual here's a direct link to one in pdf:

http://www.xenons30.com/files/FSM/1972%20240z%20FSM.zip

As earlier stated you likely won't need a ZX manual but if you do, they're also available at:

http://www.xenons130.com/reference.html

Edited by sblake01

Thanks for the tips and the welcomes!!! I have the fuel injection manual....one of the many helpful things I found through searching this site. I just wasn't sure what I should reference when I go through all the ECU testing. If I can just use the Z manual, then life is much easier :)

It doesn't have the carbs...it's the fuel injection with the ZX motor and tranny. I guess it still has the 240z gas tank, so I'm thinking I need to swap that to make sure that isn't a big part of my problem. Other than that, when the car does run it's beyond fun! Definitely doesn't take much to fall in love! Thanks for the compliment JonnyRock. I will definitely make sure to get more pics ASAP. I'm working on doing little restoration stuff to the inside as well as getting it running. As soon as all that's done, a ton of pictures will end up posted :)

It's awesome to know there are more New Mexico people on here! Red-Eye...do you ever get out to any of the races around town or anything?

It's awesome to know there are more New Mexico people on here! Red-Eye...do you ever get out to any of the races around town or anything?
As a matter of fact I just got my SCCA and SWMS licenses last year. Raced at Sandia, La Junta, and Pueblo. I've posted this pic before, but it's my favorite:

post-7320-14150806263601_thumb.jpg