IGNORED

new guy from texas

hey all, my name is chris and i just bought my first Z. ive been looking for a good one for a while now bust most that ive found were in rather poor shape. so when i found this one i jumped at it. its a 77 280z. i paid $2500 for it, i think it was a rather good deal. its in good shape for a car this old. the floor panels and frame rails are rather beat up and the rocker panels got some deep rust in them, but over all thats the bigest problem with the body. it currently runs, and preaty good to(but very rich) right now im working out all the mechanical and electrical issues. once ive got it all figured out ill gut it and start on the body and interior. im hoping to have it done in a year and a half, mabe 2. imgoing to do a custom front end but other than that ill keep mostly stock.

hope you like the pics, let me know what you think. ill post more as i work on it

post-18749-14150806187682_thumb.jpg

post-18749-14150806188643_thumb.jpg

post-18749-14150806189389_thumb.jpg

post-18749-14150806190139_thumb.jpg

post-18749-14150806190895_thumb.jpg

Texas, welcome to the club. Congrats on the Z , the pictures look great. Just a little suggestion. Sort out the glitches and check out the breaking then drive it a while before you start on the redo. So many times guys buy one of these cars and jump right in and start tearing things all apart then after the car been down for a year or so they loose interest and sell off the parts. Take some time to really enjoy your Z . Then when the job becomes discouraging , if it does , it is easier to keep going. My Z took over 3years. I kept plugging away and ''got er done''. I drove her for 2 years UGLY, first and am glad I did because I was hooked . And it helped. I waited 30 years for my Z. Gary