IGNORED

240Z fuel pumps - How many different OEMs?

Arne

1201? on a 2/71 car? Hmmm. Mine is 1701 on a 7/71 car. That sounds like a bit of a coincidence, doesn't it. Mike B, can you peek at the stamped numbers (if any) on your Nikki covers?

Also, that is one more apparent confirmation that Nikki was the original supplier. Although Dave's K. Denki might indicate otherwise. But so far, all the known-unmolested cars through 5/72 have had Nikkis, and the Ampcos have been on '73s and 260Zs. Mostly consistent so far.

Coincidence or date code?

Arne ...... 7/71 -Nikki 1701

rtaylor.....2/71 -Nikki 1201

The number on my 5/72 is 2501, so the code would actually be:

Mike B......5/72 -Nikki 2501

There is also an "A2" inside the raised box on the left side. Not sure what that means. The second picture is of the fuel pump on HLS30-00210 (11/69). Notice there is no date code and the screws are different. Same yellow paint blob in the center though.

-Mike

post-9102-14150806022539_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150806023063_thumb.jpg

The number on my 5/72 is 2501, so the code would actually be:

Mike B......5/72 -Nikki 2501

......snip

-Mike

My attempt at coming up with a date code for these was just a WAG on my part and as fun as it has been, I seriously doubt that Nissan would have been able to put fuel pumps on these cars with date codes that perfectly matched the cars "production date", especially with so many examples of other parts that have dates where the month if not the year is different.

My attempt at coming up with a date code for these was just a WAG on my part and as fun as it has been, I seriously doubt that Nissan would have been able to put fuel pumps on these cars with date codes that perfectly matched the cars "production date", especially with so many examples of other parts that have dates where the month if not the year is different.

Just trying to point out that the year is the first digit of the date code on these, not the last. No one said that any date codes are ever a "perfect match", but parts should generally be within a certain date range of the cars production date to be correct "as it left the factory". Certainly we have seen examples of part dates that don't match up perfectly with production dates, especially on the earliest cars.

-Mike

Edited by Mike B
typo

I just got another Nikki cover from Brian at ZCCJDM.com today. Don't know the build date of the donor car (I just asked today), but this one is also stamped 2501. Might not be date codes, maybe some other manufacturing code.

Edit: Brian tells me it came from a '72. Month not known, and the car is history.

Edited by Arne
Added more data