Copper High Heat Sealant - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Copper High Heat Sealant

Featured Replies

I have gone to multiple auto parts store and cannot find high heat sealant. Where do you find this item and what is its' maximum temperature rating?

Hmm, last time I was at the Advance store they had the Permatex high heat copper in an aerosol can. Wonder why you can't find it? It should be something easy to find. :ermm:

I've seen it at most automotive parts stores. They ususally keep it with the other silicone sealant's. The temp rating should be on the tube.

  • Author

The highest temp. rated sealant that I have found is 650 deg. f. I believe that an exhaust manifold temp would exceed 650 .

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.