IGNORED

280 tail light panel ?

ramsesosirus

Hello all

I've always liked the carbon fiber look, if done tastefully, but i never had a car that it would look good on until the z;

I saw the 240 and 280 CF tail light panel, which is awsome! but the 280 panel doesnt have the chrome dividers or any dividers on it, it is just open like the 240 one. My question is are the chrome trim rings removable from the tail panel, so i could transfer them to the CF panel?

I know i read someone here put the CF 280 panel on, how did you deal with that chrome ring?

Thanks

Ok after searching some internet sites some sell just the chrome trim piece, it must therefore be removable!

Edited by 280ZSS

If you are referring to the chromed surrounds on the 280Z tail light units, those are part of the unit, and I don't know if they can be separated from the colored lenses. I suppose you could cut out the colored lenses to leave just the chromed parts, but IMO, it's too much of a bother. You may just add chrome striping or something.

The design of the 280Z taillights is so that they are attached to and stand out that much from the panel.

If you could provide a good photo or two, like a close-up of the taillight area, maybe someone can suggest how to get to your goal.

Is there a website maybe?

thxZ

Edited by TomoHawk

alright this is the part i want to use, you see it has no trim piece, just open for the light;

http://www.shop.retro-spec.net/product.sc;jsessionid=C6B9357EEBDA5C9CA3E6E2CB279E3F84.qscweb23?productId=4

and this is the part i want to transfer over, i dont know how it attaches or if it does;

http://www.zcarsource.com/content/p/9/pid/55794/catid/8346/Exterior_Taillight_Panel_Chrome_Trim_Ring__74_78__Left__Core_Charge____new

thanks

• 2 years later...