280ZX Dizzy - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280ZX Dizzy

Featured Replies

Hi Guys,

One question that I can't find an answer to on this site or in any of my reference material.

Does the 280ZX Dizzy use the Hall effect to feed back to the ECU? If so does anyone have the stats on it (ie voltage high and low?)

And while on the topic, where is the crank angle sensor on a 280Z(X) efi engine? Is it in the spindle with the Dizzy like later model nissan engines?

Also, does the 280Z(X) efi engine run an O2 or knock sensor? And does anyone know what brand of computer is used in the efi nissans?

I think that's all! Any help is appreciated but especially to do with the dizzy as I'm trying to source an efi dizzy for when I efi my 260Z.

Thanks,

Ross.

That always makes me dizzy.... I guess I am too retro for the new world... I can't believe you would put EFI on a car on purpose. I always worked hard to get rid of it... Too much electronic junk for me... Heck I hardly have turn signals...If you are going fast enough no one will see them anyway. If it dont make the momo go I don't want it...

  • Author

OK, so I asked more than one question but I think that I can get a more reliable and more easily tuneable end product using Efi. I don't have an air flow meter, but I do have a laptop and the right software (real time telemetry (sp?) here we come!)

I'm looking to put a Delco computer in at the end (think GM) and just need to source a few parts.

Hopefully it'll all work in the end or I'll be back to the twin SU's!.:stupid: !

R

I know this is wierd since I am an electronics engineer, But I just think there is much more reliability in the old stuff. And since I have been working on it since was 8. I almost don't have to think to maintain it... I can fix carbs in my sleep... EFI I have to get out the book... Since I have to do that all day at work I like something that is easy to live with at home... Give me that hammer I will fix it ya know... If you think EFI is easy... I guess I am getting old.

  • Author

LOL I know what you mean, I'm in IT but this gives me the need to fill the car with as much technology as I work with each day!

Overall I agree that carbs are easier but when it comes to tuning, my little PC can do all of the tweaking, not me.

I don't think efi is easier, just different. Fault finding in an Efi system can be a killer, especially if all the sensors look fine but you know one of them is dead!

It'll be interesting to see how it all goes!

Cheers,

Ross.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.