IGNORED

Gas tank repainting

ZwolleY

Got my gas tank back today. The tech said that it was really cruddy inside with lots of debris and rust. It came back with red primer. Before refinnishing it was very dirty so I could not tell what the original paint was like. It sort of looked like semi gloss. What is the best paint for it? I imagine it has to be something durable. Also the straps look good except they also need repainting. The fabric is o.k. Is the fabric available if I want to replace it?

I painted mine with Eastwoods Semi Gloss Chassis Black. It has a high solids content so hopefully it will hold up well and the color looks pretty good to me.

As far as the "cushion" under the straps, I don't think I have ever seen it advertised for sale anywhere. You might try Too Intense, Bonzai, or Classic Datsun, they may have a replacement of some type.

I would try a boat cover/awning maker.The canvas would not hold moisture and be very durable.If it was painted the tank color you choose,that would limit any freying.They probably have strips near the width you need they use as tie straps.Those won't frey.Have fun Daniel