Proportioning Valve Fittings - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Proportioning Valve Fittings

Featured Replies

I am plumbing hard lines for a Wilwood proportioning valve (PV) in my 240z. The PV will be installed in the tool box behind the passenger seat.

The easy way to connect the Datsun 10mm x 1mm brake line would be with a 1/8 NPT -27 to 10mm x 1mm adaptor that screws into the PV, but I can't find one here, Summit, local parts stores or local speed shops. The only solution seems to be going with a 1/8 NPT -27 to AN -3 male to AN -3 to 10mm x 1mm adaptor which results in an ugly stack up of parts.

Does anyone make a 1/8 NPT -27 to 10mm x 1mm inverted flare adaptor that can be screwed into the Wilwood PV?

Have you tried contacting Wilwood? They may have a variety of fittings available.

Frank

The other thing that you could do, if the hard lines you have are long enough, is to cut the flare off and remove the 10mm fitting, then slide on the appropriate SAE fitting and re-flare the end.

Surely you mean the fitting has an SAE flare nut, not an NPT thread. (Tapered?) I have never seen a Wilwood proportioning valve, but I doubt that anyone puts pipe threads on a brake part.

  • Author

The Wilwood come with a fitting that has 1/ NPT threads on one end that screws into the valve body and what looks like 3/8 fitting on the other. Could the 3/8 end be a standard SAE brake fitting? If so then I could replace the 10mm inverted flare with the standard SAE and reflare the end. What SAE fitting do I get to replace the 10mm fitting?

I am going to call Wilwood.

The Wilwood come with a fitting that has 1/8" NPT threads on one end that screws into the valve body and what looks like 3/8 fitting on the other. Could the 3/8 end be a standard SAE brake fitting? If so then I could replace the 10mm inverted flare with the standard SAE and reflare the end. What SAE fitting do I get to replace the 10mm fitting?

I am going to call Wilwood.

My Wilwood was like yours with the 1/8" NPT brass fitting, the other end of the fitting is for 3/16" tube and the nuts are 3/16" inverted flare nuts. All I did was to cut the brake line and flare it after I put the SAE nut on it

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I called Wilwood and they said that they do not supply a 1/8 NPT to 10mm x 1mm adaptor.

I found the Wilwood to metric adaptor at Flyin Miata on-line . It is specifically made to fit the Wilwood proportioning valve: 1/8 -27 to 10mm x 1mm. p/n 14-76255

Link

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=&parentid=&stocknumber=14-76255

post-6975-1415080534645_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miles

Thanks Miles, I hope to get my Wilwood valve today, so this will give me a good source. I appreciate the follow up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.