Moustache bar - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Moustache bar

Featured Replies

Hi all,

I wanted to change my moustache bar bushings to MSA's Urethane ones. I took the bar to a shop secialised on drivetrains to push the old bushings out, what they did. Back home I put the new bushings in but the didn' fit snug. Is there also an outer sleeve between the bushing and the moustache bar's "open eye" ? If yes, the shop pressed it out, too and I need a new pair. Has anyone a pair or does any one know a source or has anyone of you the exact measures of that sleeve and it's kind of metal so that I can try to find a similar tube/pipe so that iI can ask someone here to fabricate it for me.

Thanks

Rolf

The outer casing of the bush would only be mild steel. i had to remove mine for a different brand of bush here in OZ. I had to grind away the flanged lip at each end before i could press them out , the metal casing ground off fairly easy. Sounds Like it might be Easier to find another mustache bar than find sleeve's that would do the job.

Cheers Roger

I think a lot has to do with the brand of bushings. I've had one set that fit tightly without the sleeve, and one that needed the sleeve. I guess each manufacturer has their own idea about how they should fit. :stupid:

  • Author

Thanks for both replies. Unfortunately it seems that I have a bigger problem than expected. Does anybody know more details /measures on those outer sleeves?

Rolf

If my memory serves me correctly, A piece of exaust pipe will

work to replace the outer sleeve.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

V( 240Z, thank you for the good idea. I will try that.

Rolf

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.