IGNORED

Been a while guys

akwikz

I wanted to touch base with you guys. It's been quite a while since I last posted as I've been extremely busy. As most of you know, both of my Kenmerris have new homes. At the moment I am Skyline-less. I managed to get my old 510 back from the kid I sold it to 8 years ago and have managed to build up a stash of parts for it. Everything is still just sitting though as my personal and professional lives have taken center stage.

I have a new job after 8 years with my last company. Surprisingly the job is back in San Diego, my hometown. I've been here in Phoenix for 2 years now and am ready to get back home. I started the new job 2 months ago and am really enjoying the change. I am in the process of looking for a new house in San Diego as we will be renting out the house here in Phoenix. I plan to be a bit occupied up until the new year most likely. After that I hope to be able to get back to working on cars again.

That being said, I'm pretty sure I will need to get another Skyline or 240K again. As cool as the 510 is, I think it will become a primarily track only car as there have been few cars I enjoyed taking out on the open road as much as my Hakosuka or Kenmerri. As Kent could tell you, the RB26 was a very nice match for the '73 and just cruised so effortlessly. Anyhow, I just wanted to say "hi" and let you know I hope to be more active on the forum again.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Didn't know you'd sold both of your 110s.

Good to see a post from you on this forum again.

Stay in touch.

Cheers,

Alan T.

Edit: Here's a pic for old time's sake!

post-2116-14150804473816_thumb.jpg

Edited by HS30-H
added photo

Hi Brian,

Great to hear from you, i was wondering what you had been up to.

Let me know when/if you want me to pick you up something again and i can start looking for you :)

I unfortuntely don't have any plans to come up tot he states anytime soon, but when you do i will make sure i drop into san diego ;) likewise by the time you get to Australia my 240k should be ready

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys.

Alan, that car you pictured always gets me going. I don't know if you ever saw pictures from the Japanese car show here last year, but a gentleman from Japan had just brought over a copy of that car. It had a different paint scheme, but all of the body work looked to be an exact copy of the green factory race car. To answer your question, yes I sold both of them off. As you can see Chad bought the other one from me.

Speaking of which, I'm very sorry to hear that you are selling off your cars Chad. I seriously considered buying it back from you after reading that. If not for the fact that I'm looking to buy another house right now I probably would. I did notice that you have it on e-bay right now and it looks to be getting a good response. Looks like you will end up getting it sold.

Kent, I will definately be in the market for another by early next year. I don't know how often they come up for sale these days though. I've checked e-bay Aus from time to time and 2 doors don't appear that often. Hopefully you might have better luck finding one.

Brian

hello, Brian.

yes, thanks for the condolences. It is tragic that I must sell but circumstances have shifted and I just cannot keep them at this time.

the first auction nobody went for the 240K, but the 2nd time has thus been the charm. I've had the reserve met and if it goes into a last minute bidding war it may end up where I wanted the price to begin with.

I've had numerous calls for the R32 but most are BS lookers or children who want to drive an R32 skyline on the roads. I have a guy allegedly coming next weekend to look at it. I think it, too, will sell given persistence.

I wish you could have been the one with Kent's 240K back in your possession, but I'm certain, given your resourcefulness, you will come into another one. good luck with the house deal.

Chad