IGNORED

Z car body (help)

gothfarmer92

Hello. My name is Andrew. I have in my posession a 1979 280ZX that is rusty and falling apart. (you know so when you're complaining about 'scratching my rust') I am posting this as a help point for body parts. I personally need both front fenders, and possibly new driver's door panel.

If you have information, or tips, or complaints, or anything of that nature, please contact me. (or simply reply to this thread). Bear in mind, i am young, and this is my first car ever. Although i am slightly experienced with chevy cars and such, i have never seen a Z car before my own. Thank you.

I've been skiddish about said 'salvage yards', as they have been unreliable in the past. Most didn't know what the hell i was talking about when i was looking for a new ignition condenser (mine went bad shortly after purchase). I'm almost positive they don't have any z cars laying around. The last place i got a part from was 'danny's datsuns' in oregon. Other than that, there's nissanpartspro.com, but i do not know exactly what they have called these fenders. (i can't find fender in their little links).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Found in Minnesota on car-part.com ...

1980 Right Fender Nissan 280 ZX BLUE 6R1.1 $75 Misgen Auto Parts, Inc. USA-MN(Ellendale) 1-800-358-4902

1981 Left Fender Nissan 280 ZX BROWN,1-81 $75 Southside Auto Salvage USA-MN(New-Ulm) E-mail 1-800-813-0922

1980 Left Front Door Nissan 280 ZX BLUE 7R1 $100 Misgen Auto Parts, Inc. USA-MN(Ellendale) E-mail 1-800-358-4902

Need to check their condition as the ones at Misgen have damage codes that I don't understand (but may be a better start than your current pieces).

Good luck.

My personal favorite place:

MSA: www.zcarparts.com

Black Dragon and Zparts are other reputable dealers. If you try Ebay, stay away from Reddat. He's a great seller, but he overcharges on shipping.

A dealer will be around the same price for parts, although shipping can make a difference. Shop around at all of them, and find the best price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...