IGNORED

Any Thoughts on New Tires?

Oiluj

Howdy to all,

I am planning on putting on "CenterLine Rims-Fuel Model" in 15" by 8" wide. stock bolt circle. Then I am going to run Pirelli P6000 tires in 225/60-15 front....and 235/60-15 rears.

Right now I have the stock rims 14x7 with BFGoodrich TA/Radials mounted in this configuration: Fronts = 225/60-14 and Rears = 235/60-14 and it has a nice stance to it with those tires on it. So I'm basically just going up in size 1" taller and 1" wider in rims. It's the tire profile that is going to be the deal maker or breaker in fit. 50 series tires should be no problem if we don't go over 9.5" wide and 26" tall. Of course there's more leeway on the rears since they don't turn. My current 225's in 14" don't rub at all..

- good "dry" performance tire that will also work in the rain.

- No requirement for snow or ice.

- rides reasonably

- not noisy on the freeway.

- I like the look of a directional tread,

- street use, (no street racing), and the occasional "fun-run" autocross.

Any insight you can share?

You forgot low cost. The answer is:

FALKEN ZE-512 @ $69

(you have to ignore the morons who review...especially the ones who say it is a bad snow tire LOL)

The wear is not so great but that is the only drawback. As they cost so little, it does not matter.

falhv4.l.jpgfalhv4.ang.jpg

btw I just ordered Falken tires from this company online monday got tires yesterday. Low price, low shipping and 3 day shipping time: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do?

You can also get them in 55 profile as mentioned above. Here are the Falken's with others @ 55 profile

Edited by Blue