IGNORED

Sacramento Area Munch and Bench Race

Mat M

Well, Conedodger was being sneaky, and added a date on the calendar, but not in the regional announcements... :stupid:Silly Conedodger!:finger:

Anyway, I would like to attend, and maybe get the word spread a little further. (sorry if I stepped on your toes, Rob!)ROFL

Specs on the munch and brunch:

Where - Family Donuts and Deli at the corner of Fair Oaks Blvd. and San Juan Ave.

When - Saturday, June 27, 2008, 9AM til when we want to go elsewhere.

Hope to see you there!

Mat,

Thanks, I don't really know my way around the site yet so I didn't know about the regional thing. Did I have the date wrong? Saturday is actually the 28th...

Anyway, y'all come on down... Some Porsche friends will be there too. Let's see if we can outnumber them!

Oh!!! That stung! Today as I was leaving the driveway at 9:55am to go to a get-together I saw a very nice red 240Z go past my house and turn into the Fair Oaks Post Office parking lot... Anyone want to identify themselves?

Z anything is welcome! I will be driving my Carrera and most Porsche cars are going to be 914's... Very low key. Just a bunch of car guys eating carbs and drinking coffee.

post-16545-14150803638649_thumb.jpg

That is a very long story but Jon - you asked...

about 5 years ago while I was doing my anesthesia residency I drove the car down to Oakland so some of my colleagues could see it. On the way back home, driving on 680 heading for 80 I see a red Firebird probably mid-90's coming up on me at 100+ MPH 680 is two lane in each direction and I am next to a Camry so he isn't going anywhere. Besides we are in heavy traffic. He comes up behind me and hits the binders and sits just inches off my rear bumper backing off and speeding up like he is trying to intimidate me. Finally, I hear him accelerate and I feel myself starting to spin. He had just nudged my right rear enough to make me light back there and I began to spin the rear toward the driver side. It was such a light nudge that I didn't even hear it. But, when he went by me he hit the right front pretty hard. Then, he veared off and NAILED the Camry in the left rear corner. I spun about 4 times and wound up facing traffic in the inside shoulder. I had gripped my steering wheel so hard I broke it from its center... But, I did see the Camry flying through the air. It landed out in some rice field off the outside of 680. I got out of the car and looked at the car in the field. I called 911 from my cell phone and said to send EMS. I looked up the highway and the Firebird was stopped in the middle of the road, the guy had one leg out the door and his airbag had deployed. He was arrested for DUI at the scene. I was able to drive my car home. I waited 6 weeks for CHP to finish their report and I was amazed that his freakin' insurance company didn't contact me. Finally, I stopped in Fairfield at the CHP office and picked up a copy of the report just as it was finished. His insurance was CAAA. I called information from my cell phone and got connected to the claims department and when I told the woman I had been involved in an accident with their insured on April something or other she said, "wow, he was in another accident that day on the 680 but it was a single car vs: guardrail" I explained to her that it was certainly not a guardrail and that a woman was airlifted out of there to UCD Med Center and she didn't look good. The woman said she would have a supervisor call me back. The supervisor checked my facts, CHP report number and such and had CHP fax her a copy then called me back. She said that they would "take care of me." The next day a woman called and offered me $1500 for the car. Luckily, I had it insured for $12,000. They called in an independent appraiser who valued it at $14,000. They offered me the 12K and I said, Ahh no... Your own appraiser said 14K so I will keep the car and we will go with your numbers. They took $700 for "salvage value" and I sold pretty much all the rest. Although, I still have a bunch of parts in boxes...

I was so burned out after doing all that work and having it destroyed in an instant that I went to Porsche's and swore I would never have another Z. Then, I found a one owner '73 with just about every Nissan Motorsport part installed or in a box and here I am back with you ugly mugs... ;)

Jon, You know what they say! If it was easy,... I think if I go back again it will be for a welding class or a paint and body class...:squareeye I actually got two Masters and the PhD since then...

My '73 will be just as nice. I have an entirely new interior from MSA and CDM sitting in the garage. The paint is done and only the mirrors need to be put on. The engine is a strong 2.4 with an E31 head done by Rebello... It feels strong but I will probably pull it apart and rebuild it just to see what I have.

While I am working on it, I have this to play with...

post-16545-14150803641784_thumb.jpg

post-16545-14150803642112_thumb.jpg

post-16545-14150803642457_thumb.jpg