IGNORED

'72 240Z Tool Kit Contents?

Scooter

Wondering if anybody can tell me what exactly came in the Tool Kit Jack Box from the Factory? Mine has the Jack, Wheel Chocks, Wrench Bag and a Mysterious Green Strap that I can't figure out what it would be for.

Thanks for any help,

Scott

Wondering if anybody can tell me what exactly came in the Tool Kit Jack Box from the Factory? Mine has the Jack, Wheel Chocks, Wrench Bag and a Mysterious Green Strap that I can't figure out what it would be for.

Thanks for any help,

Scott

Hi Scott,

I found this tool kit inventory list in my '72 (mfg. 12/71).

2033tool_inventory.JPG

As for the green strap, I have no clue :(

In addition, I think most Zs also had a small bag with four spare lug nuts. At least my late '71 did, and I've seen others with them too.

Like Ed, I have no clue on the green strap.

In addition, I think most Zs also had a small bag with four spare lug nuts...
I'm wondering if they could have been provided by the dealer. Since so many early cars had dealer installed mags, and since so many of those used the shank-type mag lug nuts, you needed 4 standard lug nuts for the spare. I know when I picked up my car in '72, there were 4 standard lug nuts in the storage compartment with the jack and I just figured they were take-offs from the original steel wheels.

I don't know about the earlier S30s but on my 78 those lug nuts are in a sealed plastic bag and appear to have never been mounted.
I'll have to look at mine again, but I think mine are also in a sealed plastic bag, like Stephen's.