Front marker lights - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Front marker lights

Featured Replies

OK,

I'm an idiot.....I'm starting to put all the exterior lights, bumpers, etc back on the car and I cant remember if the front marker lights go with the raised end toward the front of the car or face toward the rear. Are both the same, or does one markers raised edge go toward the front and the other side go towards the back? does this even make sense.

I tried looking for some pictures but can't zoom in enough to tell.

Thanks,

Randy

I have mine installed with the fat end of the gasket facing forward in the front, and backward in the rear. That way, looking down on them, they are both parallel to the cars lines.

post-14988-14150803494259_thumb.jpg

post-14988-14150803494891_thumb.jpg

And yes, I know my front bumper rubber is missing (still cleaning them up). :rolleyes: I know someone would have noted that.

Your goal is to make them as 'flat' to the surface as possible (if you were to imagine your Z-car as a box with 90 degree corners and flat sides). This way, the reflections (and transmissions) of light will be optimal in a driving circumstance. Soooo.... the fat end on the amber front ones goes forward, and on the red rear it goes aft. I hope that makes sense (it does to me, but you don't know 'me'). If not, let me know.

I have mine installed with the fat end of the gasket facing forward in the front, and backward in the rear. That way, looking down on them, they are both parallel to the cars lines.

Actually the car's body lines curve... and that is one reason many people install the side markers wrong. I think it would be better to say that the lens of the side markers has to be parallel to the car's centerline.

just a thought..

Carl b.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks Guys,

Deesz, yes that makes sense, and Weasel thanks for the pictures.

I got them back on.........

Many Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.