Light/combo switch from '77 on '76 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Light/combo switch from '77 on '76

Featured Replies

Does anyone use a light/combo switch on their 76 from a 77 Datsun? I found a seller, but he is not sure if it will fit mine. What bugs me most with these electrical Datsun deals is how fast the company was changing connectors.

And, will the plastic top/bottom steering column covers for the switch from '77 fit my '76 280z?

Thank you!

Den

  • Author

Thanks, Dave - I saw your thread to compile the list. Unfortunately my switch is hacked to death by the P.O. I found a used one off eBay and will update your thread once I receive it.

Actually wanted to post this to Dave's other thread. oops! Build date 11/76

post-5894-14150803445227_thumb.jpg

post-5894-14150803445994_thumb.jpg

post-5894-14150803446585_thumb.jpg

post-5894-14150803447179_thumb.jpg

post-5894-14150803447767_thumb.jpg

post-5894-14150803448384_thumb.jpg

The part number for the '77 is different than the one for the '76. Doesn't mean it won't work, but it's less likely.

post-8596-14150803448993_thumb.png

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks mriz and Arne. The seller emailed me his 77 switch pictures and I saw the difference in connector shapes right away. Rectangular in 77 and square on the 76 model (9-pin plug).

The part number for the '77 is different than the one for the '76. Doesn't mean it won't work, but it's less likely.

Hey Arne, Can you make the whole list of build dates and numbers available on the combo switch thread that I'm doing (69' to 78'). The pictures help alot but if I had dates on paper to matches switches in cars, that would help a lot.

Dave.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.