IGNORED

Rear bearing tight

I just got done installing my rear bearings. One side spins perfectly fine. The other has a "tight" spot in it. It's not all the way around, just in a single area. It's not so tight it can't turn...it's just not an even revolution. The other side spins so freely that I want to make sure something isn't wrong.

I also don't see why so many say to leave them alone because they're so hard to do. I thought it was very easy.

My guess for the tight spot is the that dust cover might be rubbing something, maybe the strut housing, maybe the seal. There is a spec for drag in the FSM if you're really wanting to be sure about it.

What's hard is getting the nut off without damaging the threads on the stub axle, especially for people who don't have an impact gun.

The wheel shouldn't spin freely , there should be some stiffness because of the heavy grease , but it should be smoothe . Like was already stated there is a drag spec. for rotation. What grease did you use to pack the bearings? Gary

I used synthetic Valvoline. When I said spin freely I meant that it spins evenly with light pressure. The other one takes slightly more effort with one tight spot. What are my options, take it back apart and check the dust covers?

You don't think it could be a bent stub axle do you? It doesn't make a grinding noise when it's turned. This stub axle came off a parts car. The other side is original. Either way, I'm going out and buying a slide hammer tonight.........