IGNORED

XenonXIII Here

Z31 is a great site. AZ-ZBum has put a lot of work into it, but try not to wizz him off. LOL

Been there, Done that.

He has helped a ton though. He sent me his Z31 owners manuals to scan for the site and has helped with some of the Spec information.

Joseph,

I have been branded one of the "Z Police" on this site and frequently write letters to publications about the inaccuracies and misinformation in their articles featuring the S30 / 240Z. Aside from the fact that I drive a BMW daily, I do not mean to be a prick and consider myself one of the milder, gentler Z Police.

However the paragraphs written about the S30 are filled with mistakes. I would encourage you to edit your descriptive information to either include all the various model specifications or limit the discussion to what was exported to America. For instance, the HS30 is not the only right-hand drive model variation. Perhaps for the L-24 equipped models, but no mention is made of the L-20 engine or the S-20 engine! Probably the biggest glaring error is the discussion about Bob Bondurant, Brock Racing Enterprises, and John Morton. Bob Bodurant had nothing to do with BRE and John Morton drove the 240Z to two consecutive national championships in 1970 and 1971. Peter Brock was the owner of Brock Racing Enterprises and Bob Bondurant, a personal friend of Mr. Katayama, owns a school of high performance driving.

Please forgive me if I offend, but consider that what is written about the 240Z / S30 on your web site offends me. You will find a wealth of information about the S30 type on this site. Far more than can be written in a few parpagraphs on a single web page. I admire your ambitions and encourage you to develop your site to be much more than just another source of inaccurate hearsay. We seem to have enough of them!

Also, and perhaps this is nitpicking, the carburetors described as SUs are not SUs at all. They are Hitachi. Yes, they look very much like SUs and Hitachi manufactured their carburetors under design license to Skinners Union, however these are two completely different manufacturers. Calling the Hitachis "SUs" can only be best referred to as slang.

All my best,

Chris

Joseph,

I have been branded one of the "Z Police" on this site and frequently write letters to publications about the inaccuracies and misinformation in their articles featuring the S30 / 240Z. Aside from the fact that I drive a BMW daily, I do not mean to be a prick and consider myself one of the milder, gentler Z Police.

However the paragraphs written about the S30 are filled with mistakes. I would encourage you to edit your descriptive information to either include all the various model specifications or limit the discussion to what was exported to America. For instance, the HS30 is not the only right-hand drive model variation. Perhaps for the L-24 equipped models, but no mention is made of the L-20 engine or the S-20 engine! Probably the biggest glaring error is the discussion about Bob Bondurant, Brock Racing Enterprises, and John Morton. Bob Bodurant had nothing to do with BRE and John Morton drove the 240Z to two consecutive national championships in 1970 and 1971. Peter Brock was the owner of Brock Racing Enterprises and Bob Bondurant, a personal friend of Mr. Katayama, owns a school of high performance driving.

Please forgive me if I offend, but consider that what is written about the 240Z / S30 on your web site offends me. You will find a wealth of information about the S30 type on this site. Far more than can be written in a few parpagraphs on a single web page. I admire your ambitions and encourage you to develop your site to be much more than just another source of inaccurate hearsay. We seem to have enough of them!

Also, and perhaps this is nitpicking, the carburetors described as SUs are not SUs at all. They are Hitachi. Yes, they look very much like SUs and Hitachi manufactured their carburetors under design license to Skinners Union, however these are two completely different manufacturers. Calling the Hitachis "SUs" can only be best referred to as slang.

All my best,

Chris

Chris,

Thank you for that information. I was going by what information I could find at the time. If you would like, I'd love for you to put together a bit of information for the front page. I do not know a whole lot on the S30 platform as the Z31 is my area I know about. This site is a work in progress and any help I can get is greatly welcomed.