IGNORED

Greg Ira’s Revtec Team Sweeps Daytona

jmark

Here is a little write up on Greg Ira's EP win in the Daytona National. Greg also built the ITS 280ZX Charles Perry won in the ECR in and co drove the 240Z of Guy Marvin to 4th place after running out of gas at the end.

May 4, 2008 Daytona Beach Florida. Today was a great day for the Datsun Z cars. Charles Perry won the ITS 1.5 hour enduro narrowly beating out Ex Pro Irish Mike Flynn in his powerful BMW. Charles, a Revtec teammate drove a newly built 280ZX to victory lane. The E Production race was hotly contested by two 240Z’s with Greg Ira coming out victorious by less than a second and with a new Daytona track record of 2:06.5. He became the first EP driver ever to break the 100mph average lap speed at Daytona. Asked if the weekend could have gone much better Ira replied, “ Yeah, if we hadn’t run out of fuel on the last lap of the Enduro, we would have finished 1-2 !”

Second place driver was Don Ahrens also in a 240Z. I know the race must have been a great one to watch with less than a second separating them at the finish. I was not there however.

Mark, thanks for the post. The EP race went great for us with the exception of Ahrens trying to knock the valve stems out of the tires. We had a great race, lots of drafting. Subtle new aero changes made a difference. I beat the previous track record by 1.7 seconds. Our power is about the same, but great laps there also are determined by how lucky you get with drafting backmarkers.

The ITS Enduro was super fun. We had about 4 RX7's that were right there with us and we lost them one by one. Irish Mike is his mega powered BMW checked out, then broke towards the end. Here's a pick of the 280ZX I built for Charles Perry. This was the second race out with this car. Charles drove the entire 1.5 by himself.

Greg ira

post-8839-14150803192278_thumb.jpg