IGNORED

70 240 on CG - 4/22

Mat M

senkyoshi: just make your own. i buy black living room carpet for about $75 and cut pieces to fit, butt them real tight. seamless. no glue. it took about 14 pieces to do my whole Z, and about 12hrs of time...

the shock towers you'll need some adhesive..

trying to attach a photo of my interior...the 'manage attachments button' isn't opening

I like the interior. Where can you get carpet kits that cover everything? I know of Too Intense. Anywhere else?

Really? Gold and Orange....not to mention the door panels, but hey thats why were all different. Senkyoshi, if you do go with the full carpet look be sure and post some pictures.

7277 your Black looks really nice, I guess it helps out with road noise as well.

senkyoshi,

in reality, the WHOLE floor, tunnel, behind/under seats are oddly shaped. the only piece that was flat was the rear deck, which i just made a GIANT template out of paper, cutting and scotch-taping about 50 pieces of paper together. lay the template on the back of the carpet and cut with NICE AND SHARP boxcutter knife. if you use a dull blade, it will de-string the carpet and wizz you off. keep a 50-pack of blade refills handy.

the floors, you just start with a long-ish rectangle (similar in shape to an OEM floormat, to get general coverage of the floor only. then the tunnel and rocker sides, you just push down hard (a separate piece) into the cut edge of the floor piece. bend the carpet (it's very rigid), and trim the pile down so the scuff plate holds it down, the rough edge of the tunnel piece just gets hidden by the console edge. but cut it so it's tight under the side console securing bracket to keep it's downward pressure into the floorpiece. same process under and behind the seats.

as for the shock towers, i would think that you may have to be very precise in cutting the pieces where they meet the ouside edges. bending the carpet aroundaa corner will open up the pile and expose the fiber backing (white). you could just cut, bend and fit to shape, then crazy glue some cut fuzzies and fill the edge so you wouldn't see the white fiber backing. depends on the pile density as well....you'd have to mess around one afternoon and try different techniques. it took me a while to do my first Z's carpet....this one is my 3rd carpet job.

i'll take some photos later today and post them.

sorry i lied. i used three tek screws to hold down the carpet seam behind the console :o)

mally002, definitley more quiet. i kept the oem padding down there

hey senkyoshi: sorry for delay,...been busy.

anywho,..here are some photos of the more difficult parts on the car's floor. basically, you just cut to fit the floor areas, and jamb the vertical pieces into the edges. the seams actually butt very tight where the pile comes out MORE dense, hiding the seam further. the rear deck, under the luggage bar and down the wall behind the seats is ONE piece. the living room carpet bends and holds it's shape...just crunch it and work it a bit for tight areas like the seatbelt area...

i don't know what the gray vertical line is under the fuse cover 'on the carpet'....it's not a seam....must be the camera lense

p.s. if you want to try it yourself keep in mind:

1. you WILL have sore fingers and knuckles

2. your knees and back WILL be tired

3. you WILL give yourself numerous nicks and cuts from handling the razor knife for two days.....LOLOLOLOLOL

post-15684-14150803073325_thumb.jpg

post-15684-14150803073806_thumb.jpg

post-15684-14150803074173_thumb.jpg

post-15684-14150803074691_thumb.jpg