IGNORED

Tail Lights????

MikeyZee

Hey all,

I have a an oddity that some of you may be able to clear up for me. When we bought my son's car (72 240z) the tail lights were not installed. THe tail lights have 4 holes for lights. The harness that I have only has 1 bulb in it. hmmmm? What's the deal is that the wrong harness or the wrong lights? The car seems to have a 4 post connector but those two harnesses are the only ones I have. Any help pr pictures of what the harness should look like would be great! Any source of these harnesses?

Thanks!

Mike

Sounds like you have front turnsignal harnesses, not tail light harnesses. The tail light harnesses for 240Z changed for late '71 through '73. I believe I probably have what you need. Send me a PM.

Crisis diverted......My teenager...go figure didn't see the box marked Z-electrical parts!!! I have the harness. OK...the only problem now is there are no brake lights. All the turns work and the reverse lights. I'm guessing from the 20000 ft view that it'e the stop switch. "Thanks Arne!"

Hmmm....the turn signals work on all four corners but the flashers do not work at all. I thought it was the flasher switch but maybe....wow...what a mess!!!!...LOL this car has all the good electrical gremlins. The brights also do not work. when you try the brights the headlights completely shut off. I thought that may be the bright/turn switch may be bad as well....the right turn you have to hold up to get it going, the left works fine, and the brights shut off the headlights and there is no indicator on the dash for the brights either. I have not looked at the schematics yet but it looks like I'll have to study a little more for these gremlins.

Thanks for the advice!

Mike

• 2 years later...
I want to replace the bulbs used in the tail lights of my 72 240Z

Can one of you guys tell me what to buy ?

Thanks, Jay

Nice thread hijack. ;)

According to my information the parking/turn signal/brake bulb is a 1034 (replaceable with a 1157), while the reverse light is a 1073 (replaceable with a 1156).