IGNORED

Surfside Classic Datsun Show, where are you?

AndysPlit

.....I asked this in another thread, but maybe it was a little off topic. It use to be held at Doheney State Beach every October or so. Last one I know of was in 2000. Does anyone know what happened, or if there are plans to ressurrect it? It was a great mixture of Z's, Roadsters, 510's, and a few surprises. I would love to see it come back.

A follow up to the Surfside/Turfside Show. Like I said, the last two events were held at Deer Park Winery/Auto Museum. It was a very nice secluded place that featured a winery, a cafe, and an incredible automobile museum that featured basically American convertibles and a couple of MG's, Benzes and the last VW beetle convertible as well as collections of antique radios, televisions, and appliances. The owner passed away a couple of years ago and the park has been closed since then but, according to the article, as of mid-08 Deer Park will be open the first weekend of each month and will be operated by the deceased owner's son. http://www.jeffreysward.com/tributes/deerpark.htm#pic

....So they did go under. That's too bad. I enjoyed the beach and the variety as opposed to MSA's show.....Don't get me wrong as I love MSA and will be there again this year.

Maybe they'll get it back together one of these days. Thanks for the info as it was always a mystery to me. By the way, I take it those are your plaques. Congrats!

They really didn't "go under". Les Cannaday of Classic Datsun Motorsports, who basically put on the show, just got burned out after ten years of doing it. Not enough people were pre-registering, difficulty in finding a venue, etc.

They really didn't "go under". Les Cannaday of Classic Datsun Motorsports, who basically put on the show, just got burned out after ten years of doing it. Not enough people were pre-registering, difficulty in finding a venue, etc.

Right, I'm sorry. I meant the show itself went under. I can understand how difficult it is to deal with all that. Securing a location and all that is a lot of work.

No. The 'All Datsun Beach BBQ' is a different event. That's one where you bring a donation like canned goods etc. and kick back and eat burger and 'dogs and talk Datsun. I think that one is put on by UFO and Group Z. It's May 10th this year.