IGNORED

240k vert update photos

I wanted to wait a while till I had some better shots to show you all but they may be a while longer than I thought so this is what it looks like at the moment.

I feked the front guards by sanding them flat while on the bench, they look like they are from another car, the gaps between the doors and guards are 1cm apart:stupid: guess that what happens when a sales rep tries to be a panel beater. Anyway thats one for the real panel beaters to fix when it goes in for a proper spray job. If anyone has to good straight guards let me know.

I'm going to register it with the std engine and interior in it as I just can't bear to have it sitting in the garage anymore. I have a universal harness matched up to the original switch gear, I'm quite happy about that.

Anyway you all know the rest, hope you all like it.

post-9623-14150802981995_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150802983156_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150802983955_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150802984727_thumb.jpg

I've copped a fair bit of flak for putting a old school V8 in the vert, is it really that bad to want a big cube small block in a C110?

It's your car, do what you want with it..

are you going to run EFI or carbs ?

Nigel

are you going to run EFI or carbs ? Nigel

Eventually it'll will run EFI for sure. There are a very large choice of manifolds for the mopar v8's, I'm leaning towards getting the 6-pack manifold (runs 3 carbys, pics attached) and putting efi throttle bodies onto it. It's been done before in America and looks cool. Hopefully i'll be getting forced induction along with the EFI when i finally save up enough but that probably won't be for another 5 years or so.

Talking about EFI, I saw a dumped L24 EFI engine laying on the side of the road in an Industrial area in Toowoomba.

post-9623-14150803007195_thumb.jpg

post-9623-1415080300735_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150803007401_thumb.jpg

Ignore the haters Andrew. Your getting another K back on the road. Thats all that matters.

Cheers for the support Camo, It's good to know some people appreciate it.

Bonzi Lon, if I could get my hands on a manifold like the twin 4 barrel unit it would be on the car so quick, the older speed parts that are outside the box really do it for me.

• 4 weeks later...
please don't take it as a negative comment, its just not my thing, if i had the money vq45 in one of my k's in a second!! i just don't like polluting the blood lines,

im hanging to see it belive me and i know that it will sound unreal!

I was just having a whine, please ignore me when I do this in future. I copped a fair bit of flak on Skylines Australia for putting a cast iron v8 in it, mostly by people who don't know anything about the car or the actual weight differences in the engines. The VQ45's just cost too much money to get the power I want from them.

Check this link out, its a crate motor from the US 375hp 460ft/lbs for $3600 US http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MLL%2DBPC4080CT&autoview=sku

What I'll end up with will be closer to this 435hp 500ft/lbs for $5795 us http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MLL%2DBPC4081CT&autoview=sku

With the aussie dollar so good it won't cost much more than that, can you imagine driving a 240k with 670nm of torque at the flywheel? hello burnouts at 100kmph

Stick with your 8, it's gonna be so different anyway you might as well make the knockers get their knickers in a real twist.

You might want to look into a pair of alumimium heads for the Mopar along with as many other alloy parts you can use / afford.

Iron block alloy head Mopar is surprisingly light - only some 30 pounds more than the L6 was anyway.

I've always been intrigued with the possibilities represented by stuffing a Cadillac 502 into something like a K - one of the lightest 8's plus HUGE capacity. Just not enough of those engines get into Oz!

Art C

You might want to look into a pair of alumimium heads for the Mopar along with as many other alloy parts you can use / afford.

Iron block alloy head Mopar is surprisingly light - only some 30 pounds more than the L6 was anyway.

Art C

Wow finally someone who actually knows/believes me about the weight of the mopar V8 vs the datto L24, I'm chasing as many alloy parts as possible, it will only be the block that is cast iron when i'm finished. I personally think the weight is far better positioned now than when original.

Exhaust has been fitted this week, I'll post a video on youtube shortly so you all can hear a V8 C110, no brakes connected so no burnout videos just yet.

You'll be glad to know I don't have one of those gay chrome mufflers fitted, just real pipe from engine to bumper bar :P