IGNORED

Stock Spring Length

oemz

Wondering if anyone has the measurements for the length of the stock front and rear springs? I'm sure that it will vary from car to car based on the condition of the springs, however, I am planning on purchasing a set of unused lowering springs with no clue as to who makes them. This way I can get an idea of how much shorter they are vs stock and figure how much they will lower.

Thanks

Overall spring length has very little to do with how much they will lower the car. Spring rate is far more important, and you can't tell that from the length, wire dimeter, or number of coils.

For example, Eibach springs for a 240Z (typically metallic black in color, and labeled 'Eibach' on the springs) lower a 240Z by an inch or more, and are about the same length as stock. Tokico springs also lower a 240Z about the same amount, but are so much shorter than stock that spring compressors are not needed to change them.

Thank you for your help. What color are the Tokico springs?

This is what the seller assumes them to be, but isn't sure.

Tokico springs are progressive rate, so they should be fairly easy to identify; just look for tighter-wound coils at one end.

If they are unused Tokico lowering springs for a 240Z they should be identifiable by the number clearly printed on them. Only the fronts are progressive. Do a search. We discussed this before and determined care had to be taken when buying these because Tokico had used the same part numbers for different springs.

I attched a picture of the springs. The only markings on the springs are front & back.The measurment for the front comes out to 11.5" and 11 1/8" for the rear. Dont know if I should go for them or not, but I bought a set of Tokico blues unused from him and I am happy.

post-16210-14150802886158_thumb.jpg

Why ask for trouble?? If the seller can't tell you anything about them, steer clear. It's a crap shoot at best. It looks like there is a label on one. I have a set of Suspension Techniques springs that look similar and have a similar label on them, but that is really grasping at straws. What are the part numbers on the Tokico blues?