IGNORED

later model toyota calipers

gbabcock

Alright - I've done some research on swapping z calipers with toyota truck calipers and it seems like a pretty easy worth while swap, particularly as my 93' toyota 4x4 truck just blow a head gasket, is too rusty to be worth fixing so I'm going to part it out and I just put new calipers on it about 6 months ago. My question is, from what I've read, people say to need calipers off eariler model trucks - does anyone know if this is true? From the pictures I've seen, the eariler calipers appear to be nearly the same as the later model ones. Suppose I could just try mounting them, be thought it couldn't hurt to ask and save myself the effort. Thanks -

Alright - I've done some research on swapping z calipers with toyota truck calipers and it seems like a pretty easy worth while swap, particularly as my 93' toyota 4x4 truck just blow a head gasket, is too rusty to be worth fixing so I'm going to part it out and I just put new calipers on it about 6 months ago. My question is, from what I've read, people say to need calipers off eariler model trucks - does anyone know if this is true? From the pictures I've seen, the eariler calipers appear to be nearly the same as the later model ones. Suppose I could just try mounting them, be thought it couldn't hurt to ask and save myself the effort. Thanks -

Read the link Derek posted. it has all the info on toyota calipers.

But basically:

If your 93 toyota had vented discs, its not a straight swap, you will need to get vented discs.

There were some old toyots that had solid discs and the calipers from those were a straight swap onto the s30 with no need to change the disc.