Snapped an axle - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Snapped an axle

Featured Replies

I know someone with stub axles. Shoot me a PM.

"If the stub axle breaks right under the stub axle retaining nut, the nut was most likely cross threaded when last installed" - Or loose

The axle I found was genuine Nissan. I pressed the bearings on it and tapped it back into place. The locknut must have been loose because now, after I torqued it down, the clunk when I let out the clutch is gone!!. Oh well, I should have tightened it when I heard the clunk.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.