Exhaust manifold finish - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Exhaust manifold finish

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'll look into the Eastwood product. I've also used a product called Econorust that does a good job of rust removal as a first step (you have to submerge the item, can't just paint it on). It's good to see more "red" names every day. This site has saved me from taking a lot of wrong turns and I think we should all give something back when we can. End of sermon.

AZ240Z wrote:

"Is the manifold dressing you used the Eastwood dressing shown in their online catalogue, referenced by Kenz240z above, on page 40, item #11171? "

Dan yes I used the Calyx that Ken referenced. I used a wire wheel in a Dremel to clean the rust off, wiped it down with some degreaser and then just rubbed the coating on. Although I have not put alot of miles on it since I did it, the manifold has gone through numerous heat cylces and it has not deteroriated.

PM me sometime and let me know what you have in mind for your carpet?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.