IGNORED

HELP WANTED. 2 Seater vs 2+2 front track.

shamus11

Hi,

I'm wondering if those people out there with a 260 or 280 2+2 might be able to tell me what the front track (in mm) is on their car from the face of the brake rotor that the wheels bolt to.

Also the distance between the bolts that hold the front crossmember to the rails.

I understand the 2+2 bodys are wider but I'd like to know if a 2+2 front end would go into a 240z to increase the track without having to run 9inch & offset wheels to fill out bolt-on gaurd flares.

I think setting the wheels that far out from where the suspension was designed to have them would throw off it's geometry and create excessively heavy steering and am looking for other options.

If the track and crossmember were close I'd have to look at the strut tops, caster bars but they would probably be fairly straight forward to "make fit".

I'd appreciate any help/advice or comments.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...