Need Advice: Looking at a 76 280z this weekend. - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Need Advice: Looking at a 76 280z this weekend.

Featured Replies

I am driving out to look at a 76 280z this weekend, the car supposedly runs and the tranny is good too which is manual. However it needs new tires and brake pads, but other then that it is suppose to be in good condition.

What should I be looking for when I inspect this car? I can't exactly drive it without brakes so I am looking for any advice some of the experts here can give me. Thanks in advance.

Plenty of posts to this question back over at Zcar.com.

Rust, look for it everywhere. Pay special attention to the frame rails, firewall, doglegs, rockers, etc. Search this forum, there tons of info here. Zhome.com also has excellent info on buying a Z.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Take ramps and look at the condition of the floor pan... Frame rails.. rust

Tranny/Engine oil leaks

Definitely as questions of what has been replaced (the more the better) and inspect to make sure they have been or maybe ask if they have any records/receipts. Along with all that has been mentioned of course.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.